QL5 Firmware V5.50
Use this release notes to update CL/QL to V5.50. Please read the following instructions before updating.
Please do not use the EEE function (*) of network switches in a Dante network.
Although power management should be negotiated automatically in switches that support EEE, some switches do not perform the negotiation properly. This may cause EEE to be enabled in Dante networks when it is not appropriate, resulting in poor synchronization performance and occasional dropouts.
Therefore, we strongly recommend that:
- If you use managed switches, ensure that they allow EEE to be disabled. Make sure that EEE is disabled on all ports used for real-time Dante traffic.
- If you use unmanaged switches, make sure to not use network switches that support EEE.
* EEE (Energy Efficient Ethernet) is a technology that reduces switch power consumption during periods of low network traffic. It is also known as Green Ethernet and IEEE802.3az.
Cautions for Dante Firmware
- You need to update the Dante-MY16-AUD firmware to V3.3.9 or later before using the Dante-MY16-AUD with the QL series.
- The Dante Firmware Update Manager since v126.96.36.199 for Windows does not support Windows XP. Please use Windows 7, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10.
- Follow the instructions on the update guide.
- The Dante settings might not be properly initialized when the firmware is updated, which results in data inconsistency between the CL/QL console and the R series units. This might occur only when the Dante Latency was set to 0.25ms or 0.5ms. Therefore, after updating, it is recommended to briefly change the Latency to 1.0ms on the console with the Console ID #1, then restore the original setting again. This will remove the possibility data inconsistency between the console and the mounted R series units. However, Dante Controller will be needed to manually change the settings of R series units that are not mounted on the console with Console ID #1.
CL/QL/RIVAGE/R/Tio Series Editor/Firmware/R Remote Compatibility
Please make sure to use appropriate version of CL Editor or QL Editor which is compatible with your console firmware in reference to the following compatibility chart. Using an unsupported Editor/firmware combination may result in unexpected behavior.
The Firmware Set is a set of main (and sub) firmware of the device and the Dante firmware. The version of Firmware Set is the same as the version of the main firmware. Refer to the release note of each firmware about the details of the Firmware Set.
Main Revisions and Enhancements
New features in V5.50
- Now supports monitoring functionality to monitor and manage the entire system with ProVisionaire Control/Touch V3.5 and so on.
Improvements in V5.50
- Changed the specification so that the temporary unmute would be cleared when you changed the setting for the mute group function.
Fixed bugs in V5.50
- Solved a problem in which the brightness of the panel LEDs became maximum after exiting the FADER CALIBRATION MODE screen.
- Solved a problem in which all the DANTE INPUT PATCH settings for the console's 64 channels that had already been made might be removed if you opened the startup menu screen by turning on the console while holding down the [STORE] key.
- Solved a problem in which CUE functions such as Specific CUE, Clear CUE and so on did not work correctly with MIDI Control Change messages in firmware V4.00 or later.
- Solved a problem in which operations that were not allowed to Guests were temporarily possible while the password input dialog was displayed after the console logged in with administrator privileges was restarted.
- Solved a problem in which the audio signal might not be sent to both L and R buses or the MIX buses could not be switched on or off if MIX buses that had different settings each other were set in stereo.
- Improved an already solved problem in which the console might behave inappropriately due to misrecognition caused by poor contact with an inserted USB memory, etc.
- Solved a problem in which all 24 devices might not be mounted if many mixer controllers such as CL/QL Editor and StageMix were connected to the console.
- Solved a problem in which the patching to the AES67 Flow was not displayed in the DANTE INPUT PATCH screen.
- Solved a problem in which only the Dante firmware failed to update when updating the CL/QL series firmware and the Dante firmware from USB memory.
- Solved a problem in which the operation was not reflected in the online CL/QL Editor when you operated the GEQ FLAT function on the CL/QL StageMix.
- Solved a problem in which parameter values of CL/QL series and MTX/MRX series might not match after synchronization with the MTX-MRX Editor.
- Solved a problem in which the DEVICE IDENTIFY button was activated if the blank column was selected in the DEVICE LIST field when you mounted a device manufactured by Shure.
- Solved a problem in which EQ types might not match each other if you select RESET BOTH to link 8Band PEQ in stereo.
- Solved some minor errors.
- A device enrolled via DDM (Dante Domain Manager) rarely appears with a “VIRTUAL” indicator on the DEVICE MOUNT page. If this indicator is shown, press the REFRESH button.
- A message "NETWORK AUDIO MODULE FAILED. PLEASE RESTART THE CONSOLE" is rarely displayed if you turn on the console and other Dante devices simultaneously. In this case, restart the console.
- If Dante Virtual Soundcard (DVS) is patched to the QL series device using Dante Controller, the patching may not be recalled correctly when the QL series device is restarted. In such cases, patch the DVS again. In addition, when using a version of DVS for Windows that is older than v3.2.0, patches after CH41 cannot be performed from QL series consoles.
- Loading of a file created by CL series version V1.15 or older will not include the mount information of Dante devices other than any connected R-series. It is the same when recalling a DANTE INPUT PATCH LIBRARY. Please reset MOUNT, PATCH, and DANTE INPUT PATCH Library data.
- You can use the following amount of CL/QL/RIVAGE PM10/PM7/R Remote units to remotely control each device unit (listed at left).
- RMio64-D/RSio64-D/Tio1608-D (V1.04 or later): Maximum of four CL/QL units, or six R Remote units.
- Rio/Ri/Ro/Rio3224-D2/Rio1608-D2: Maximum of four CL/QL/RIVAGE PM10/PM7 units plus six separate computers operating R Remote.
- You can connect maximum of ten iOS devices operating MonitorMix.
- When setting up the latency in Dante Controller, and there is a discrepancy in latency with the transmit device or the receive device, the largest (slowest) latency setting becomes effective.
- You need to assign Y###- (# is a three-digit hexadecimal number containing the digits 0 - 9 and uppercase A - F (000 - FFF)) to the head of the device label for CL/QL consoles to recognize the device as a SUPPORTED DEVICE.
- An appropriate device label will be automatically assigned to a Dante-supported device manufactured by Yamaha by referring its device ID and so on. (You will still need to assign a device label manually to some of the products such as AIC128-D.)
- Device labels need to be assigned manually to third-party products including Dante-MY16-AUD2.
- Regarding wireless receivers manufactured by Shure, refer to their setup guide to set up properly.
- Restriction of a device label
- # is a three-digit hexadecimal number containing the digits 0 - 9 and uppercase A - F (000 - FFF)
- * indicates any desired character (alphabetical uppercase or lowercase, numerals, or - (hyphen) may be used) Up to 31 characters including the 'Y' are supported.
- For the R-series, make sure that the ID indicated by Y###- is not duplicated by any other R-series unit, even if it is a different size.
- Custom fader bank settings are not only included in user settings, but in scene data as well. The custom fader bank settings that are called up vary depending on the logged-in user, the type of the loaded data, and the version. Please note the following points:
- If you load console data of the ALL type as Administrator, the custom fader bank settings for the saved Administrator are recalled. If you load ALL data as Guest or another user, the custom fader bank settings for the saved current scene are called up.
- If you load ALL data that was saved in CL V1.70 or earlier, since scenes do not include custom fader bank settings, the custom fader bank settings for the current scene when the load was performed are applied to all scenes. Therefore, before loading ALL data, we recommend that you either change users to set the custom fader bank to the desired setting, or that you enable Recall Safe for the custom fader bank.
- File Converter V5.0.0, compatible with CL firmware V2.xx, V3.xx, V4.xx and V5.xx and QL firmware V3.xx, V4.xx and V5.xx has been made available for use.
Lizenzvereinbarung und Download-Datei
PLEASE READ THIS SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT ("AGREEMENT") CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SOFTWARE. YOU ARE ONLY PERMITTED TO USE THIS SOFTWARE PURSUANT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT. THIS AGREEMENT IS BETWEEN YOU (AS AN INDIVIDUAL OR LEGAL ENTITY) AND YAMAHA CORPORATION ("YAMAHA").
BY DOWNLOADING OR INSTALLING THIS SOFTWARE OR OTHERWISE RENDERING IT AVAILABLE FOR YOUR USE, YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THE TERMS, DO NOT DOWNLOAD, INSTALL, COPY, OR OTHERWISE USE THIS SOFTWARE. IF YOU HAVE DOWNLOADED OR INSTALLED THE SOFTWARE AND DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS, PROMPTLY DELETE THE SOFTWARE.
GRANT OF LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT
Yamaha hereby grants you the right to use the programs and data files composing the software accompanying this Agreement, and any programs and files for upgrading such software that may be distributed to you in the future with terms and conditions attached (collectively, “SOFTWARE”), only on a computer, musical instrument or equipment item that you yourself own or manage. While ownership of the storage media in which the SOFTWARE is stored rests with you, the SOFTWARE itself is owned by Yamaha and/or Yamaha’s licensor(s), and is protected by relevant copyright laws and all applicable treaty provisions.
- You may not engage in reverse engineering, disassembly, decompilation or otherwise deriving a source code form of the SOFTWARE by any method whatsoever.
- You may not reproduce, modify, change, rent, lease, or distribute the SOFTWARE in whole or in part, or create derivative works of the SOFTWARE.
- You may not electronically transmit the SOFTWARE from one computer to another or share the SOFTWARE in a network with other computers.
- You may not use the SOFTWARE to distribute illegal data or data that violates public policy.
- You may not initiate services based on the use of the SOFTWARE without permission by Yamaha Corporation.
Copyrighted data, including but not limited to MIDI data for songs, obtained by means of the SOFTWARE, are subject to the following restrictions which you must observe.
- Data received by means of the SOFTWARE may not be used for any commercial purposes without permission of the copyright owner.
- Data received by means of the SOFTWARE may not be duplicated, transferred, or distributed, or played back or performed for listeners in public without permission of the copyright owner.
- The encryption of data received by means of the SOFTWARE may not be removed nor may the electronic watermark be modified without permission of the copyright owner.
If any copyright law or provisions of this Agreement is violated, the Agreement shall terminate automatically and immediately without notice from Yamaha. Upon such termination, you must immediately destroy the licensed SOFTWARE, any accompanying written documents and all copies thereof.
If you believe that the downloading process was faulty, you may contact Yamaha, and Yamaha shall permit you to re-download the SOFTWARE, provided that you first destroy any copies or partial copies of the SOFTWARE that you obtained through your previous download attempt. This permission to re-download shall not limit in any manner the disclaimer of warranty set forth in Section 5 below.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY ON SOFTWARE
You expressly acknowledge and agree that use of the SOFTWARE is at your sole risk. The SOFTWARE and related documentation are provided "AS IS" and without warranty of any kind. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT, YAMAHA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AS TO THE SOFTWARE, EXPRESS, AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. SPECIFICALLY, BUT WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, YAMAHA DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SOFTWARE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YAMAHA’S ENTIRE OBLIGATION HEREUNDER SHALL BE TO PERMIT USE OF THE SOFTWARE UNDER THE TERMS HEREOF. IN NO EVENT SHALL YAMAHA BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EXPENSES, LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE, MISUSE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF YAMAHA OR AN AUTHORIZED DEALER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. In no event shall Yamaha's total liability to you for all damages, losses and causes of action (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) exceed the amount paid for the SOFTWARE.
THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE
Third party software and data ("THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE") may be attached to the SOFTWARE. If, in the written materials or the electronic data accompanying the Software, Yamaha identifies any software and data as THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE, you acknowledge and agree that you must abide by the provisions of any Agreement provided with the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE and that the party providing the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE is responsible for any warranty or liability related to or arising from the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE. Yamaha is not responsible in any way for the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE or your use thereof.
- Yamaha provides no express warranties as to the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE. IN ADDITION, YAMAHA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, as to the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE.
- Yamaha shall not provide you with any service or maintenance as to the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE.
- Yamaha is not liable to you or any other person for any damages, including, without limitation, any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages, expenses, lost profits, lost data or other damages arising out of the use, misuse or inability to use the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE.
U.S. GOVERNMENT RESTRICTED RIGHTS NOTICE:
The Software is a "commercial item," as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. 2.101 (Oct 1995), consisting of "commercial computer software" and "commercial computer software documentation," as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. 12.212 (Sept 1995). Consistent with 48 C.F.R. 12.212 and 48 C.F.R. 227.7202-1 through 227.72024 (June 1995), all U.S. Government End Users shall acquire the Software with only those rights set forth herein
This Agreement shall be interpreted according to and governed by Japanese law without reference to principles of conflict of laws. Any dispute or procedure shall be heard before the Tokyo District Court in Japan. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any portion of this Agreement to be unenforceable, the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to use of the SOFTWARE and any accompanying written materials and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous understandings or agreements, written or oral, regarding the subject matter of this Agreement. No amendment or revision of this Agreement will be binding unless in writing and signed by a fully authorized representative of Yamaha.
Du brauchst ausserdem
- QL5/QL1 V5 Reference Manual [English]
- QL5/QL1 V5 リファレンスマニュアル
- CL/QL Series V5.1 Supplementary Manual [English]
- CL/QL Series V5.1 Supplementary Manual [Deutsch]
- CL/QL Series V5.1 Supplementary Manual [Español]
- CL/QL Series V5.1 Supplementary Manual [Français]
- CL/QL Series V5.1 Supplementary Manual [Italiano]
- CL/QL Series V5.1 Supplementary Manual [한국어]
- CL/QL Series V5.1 Supplementary Manual [Português]
- CL/QL Series V5.1 Supplementary Manual [Русский]
- CL/QL Series V5.1 Supplementary Manual [中文]
- CL/QLシリーズ V5.1追補マニュアル